Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding In Chicago

This past weekend we traveled to Chicago to be part of the wedding of my very good friend Albert Bot and his lovely wife Cathy.
Everything about the weekend and the wedding from the food to the people to the overall environment was just wonderful. Cathy is one hell of a wedding planner and no detail was left to chance...she even made snack bags for the out of towners...she's a keeper for sure.

Emily posing outside the bat cave. Entrance to Al & Cathy's condo's parking garage. Where is your motorcycle??
Pass the cream. This is Al's good friend Chuck who broke his arm as a kid and now has an amazing talent.

Seneca Hotel. This was our home for the weekend. Typical high rise Chicago hotel (so I'm told). It is a renovated apartment building so our room was huge complete with living room and kitchen with 50's cupboards. I dig it.

Museum of Contemporary Art. Location of the reception and home to large masses of painted aluminum and colored Plexiglas. I very much enjoy large industrial sculptures that really have no point but are very interesting nonetheless. I also like how well it hides my big, dumb head.

Dinner. Sea bass with mashed potatoes and all the other good stuff you see. The food all weekend was absolutely fantastic and I ate more than I probably should have. This plate was the finale to 3 days of gastronomic delight. Thanks again Al & Cathy, the next Thad burgers are on me.

Al and Cathy. Taken during their traditional Korean tea ceremony. The goal is to get your in laws drunk on rice wine until they hurl chestnuts and dates at you. If you catch them in your mouth it means they forgive you for stealing their beautiful daughter. After all this, the groom gives the bride a piggy back ride around the tea table...no one knows how this got started.

The last Manhattan. I woke up on Sunday to see this sitting on the bedside table. I took it with me after the reception because I was in the mood to party and wanted to be extra hungover on Sunday. That speech really did tie the whole thing together...

No comments:

Post a Comment